Dear Aspiring Web Site Designer:
Here’s a little secret I haven’t told you yet. And it’s one that holds a hidden profit opportunity for you.
I have had literally hundreds of clients, students, and readers ask me, “Can you recommend a good web site designer in my area?”
And I’m almost always stumped.
The fact is, decent web site designers – those who actually know what they are doing – are in short supply.
So if you like design and computers, web site design may be the perfect home business for you.
Even better, as a beginner, you can get by with little or no technical knowledge.
How? When starting out, you can use pre-designed templates. Explain to your client that templates are no longer boxy and unoriginal. Many are beautiful (and inexpensive.)
You should easily find something suitable. This last part is most often, but not always, true. Occasionally you may spend many hours searching.
You’ll be tempted to optimistically suggest that you can change the color scheme, add an additional menu, etc. The more the finished website deviates from the template, the more costly the site becomes. But after a few sites are under your belt, you will become bolder and more creative.
For years, successful Web site designer Terri Karp has been telling freelance designers and aspiring web site designers the simple secrets she has used to make millions of dollars as a freelance web designer. Now she shares her hard won experience in her e-book Start and Run a Successful Web Site Design Business – which you can download, read, and refer to for 90 days without risk or commitment of any kind.
Become a highly paid web site designer
In the Internet age, we’re flooded with information, as the store of human knowledge grows at an exponential rate.
Therefore, no single person can even begin to keep up – making it extremely difficult to be a generalist in your field.
Since most of this information is posted on the web, and not printed in books, the demand for good web site designers is exploding – and there aren’t nearly enough to satisfy the need.
Now, in her e-book, veteran web site designer Terri Karp shows you step-by-step how to position yourself as an expert in web site design -- and enjoy a never-ending stream of clients, with cash in hand, ready to pay you.
- Should you give your client advice that would cut your billing? Page 7.
- The 8 attributes of successful freelance web site designers. Page 8.
- How long does it take to build a success web site design business? Page 9.
- How to start your freelance web site design business from scratch. Page 10.
- 7 essential things every web site designer should possess. Page 11.
- The 4 essential principles of visual design. Ignore them at your peril, Page 12.
- How to modify templates to create the design you want. Page 13.
- 4 tips for getting the most out of Photoshop. Page 15.
- 5 ways to get useful feedback on your design. Page 16.
- Preparing your designs for presentation to the client. Page 16.
- Optimizing your client’s web site to get a higher ranking in Google. Page 17.
- Head, header, content, footer, title, meta tags, and SEO. Page 33.
- How to choose the right keywords. Page 19.
- Using keywords in headings and links. Page 34.
- File naming for maximum SEO. Page 35.
- The nitty gritty to getting your site live. Page 35.
- Tips for taking over a live site. Page 39.
- Running your freelance web site design business. Page 42.
- Why you should get other digital marketers to link to your site. Page 21.
- How to update your site without your web designer’s help. Page 22.
- Designing your web site for display on mobile devices. Page 23.
- How to pick and purchase the right domain name. Page 23.
- Arranging reliable, affordable web site hosting. Page 26.
- 4 tips for using passwords to make your site safe and secure. Page 27.
- Coding the web site: client side and server side. Page 28.
- Best software for server-side coding. Page 31.
- Your development computer and peripherals. Page 44.
- Where to get code and image editors, templates, and themes. Starts on page 47.
- Tips and tricks for keeping current with the field. Page 51.
- A proven method for getting and keeping web site design clients. Page 53.
- Should you offer potential clients a free consultation? Page 54.
- How to get the content you need to fill the web pages you design. Page 56.
- All about pricing, estimates, proposals, and payments. Page 59.
- The 10 elements of a successful proposal. Page 60.
- What to charge for web site design services. Page 62.
- Hosting client sites for extra residual income. Page 64.
- Promoting yourself with social media and AdWords. Page 65.
- Make money as a reseller of other people’s products and services. Page 66.
- Keeping track of your one-time and recurring monthly costs. Page 69.
- Networking to find people who need a web site that you can build for them. Page 72.
- How effective follow-up can turn leads into clients. Page 74.
- Promote your web site design expertise with a blog. Page 77.
- How web site designer Paul Jarvis gets good assignments on freelance job boards. Page 79.
- Resources for web site designers: books … articles … hosting … blogging platforms … social media sites … job boards. Starts on page 83.
To order your copy of Start and Run a Successful Web Site Design Business on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, just click below now:
How much would you pay to earn an extra $100,000 this year?
A good freelance web designer today can earn $70,000 a year. Some surpass that and have broken the $2,000 a week (six figures) mark.
But you won’t pay $70,000 … $2,000 … or even $200 to master web site design.
You can download Start and Run a Successful Web Site Design Business right now for just $39. That’s less than I charge for just 5 minutes of my time.
And that’s what you pay only if our guidelines help make you break into the exciting and profitable world of web site design. If they don’t, the cost is zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada….
Explore web site design risk-free for 90 days
That’s right. If, after reviewing Start and Run a Successful Web Site Design Business, you are dissatisfied for any other reason … or for no reason at all … just let me know within 90 days.
We’ll refund your $39 payment in full. And you may keep the e-book free, with my compliments. That way, you risk nothing.
So, what are you waiting for? Within the next 3 months, you could be an in-demand web site design specialist … with clients lined up around the block begging to get a spot on your dance card.
Or, you could be in the same old job, wishing you could be your own boss in a business that’s both creative and lucrative.
It’s entirely up to you.
To order Start and Run a Successful Web Site Design Business on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, click below now:
Robert W. Bly
P.S. Especially with smaller companies, the client may ask if you can help with the copy. Order Start and Run a Successful Web Site Design Business today and you a FREE 59-page Bonus Report, Taking Your Copywriting to the Next Level (list price: $29).
In it, you will discover:
- What works best – a letter, self-mailer, or postcard? Page 5.
- How to boost your renewal rates. Page 23.
- The easiest way to convince skeptical buyers to do business with you. Page 44.
- Increase your flow of leads with a “bait piece.” Page 46.
- Avoid this common mistake when writing your guarantee. Page 48.
- Increase response 1,000 % -- just by changing your offer. Page 50.
- And more….
To order Start and Run a Successful Web Site Design Business on a 90-day, money-back trial basis … and get your FREE Bonus Report … click below now: